of the city of Iuka and about 1.5 mi (2.4 km) south of the old town of Eastport. ... Bear Creek ran almost against the base of these bluffs on the west side of its floodplain, which at that point was about 1.35 mi (2.2 ... On the 1936 Margerum 7.5a#39; quadrangle map there is shown a crossing of the creek, called aquot;Fish Trap Ford, aquot; about 600 ft ... There were two or three steps on the lower side of the dam where the fish were trapped and people could come get them out when the water went down.
|Author||:||John M. Connaway|
|Publisher||:||Mississippi Department of Archives & - 2007|