Before the birth of our nation, brothers William and Thomas Towson forged a hamlet north of Baltimore on the trade route to York, Pennsylvania, at its junction with a Native American trail known as Joppa Road. In 1854, Towsontown was established as the county seat by popular vote, and the cornerstone of the Baltimore County Courthouse was laid.Maryland Historic Trusta#39;s Inventory of Historic Properties. www.mdihp.net. ( Accessed April 2010aSeptember 2010.) McGrain, John W. Retired Baltimore County historian. Interview by author, September 2010. McHenry, Gerald R. Projectanbsp;...
|Publisher||:||Arcadia Publishing - 2011-04-11|